Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wielkanoc

As I begin this, we are 21 minutes into Easter. So happy Easter, everyone.

I will share with you some images from Palm Sunday. I went to see what mass was like. I'd never been to a Catholic mass before, at all, so it was quite interesting for me.






I got there a little after one mass started.



I loved this one old man. He was so respectful and dignified.





Mass ended, and there was a break.


I went inside, but not all the way.




Some rather large palms. Not as big as they get, however.


Something began to happen outside.


A crowd was gathering and waiting for something.


I had no idea what was going on.


I walked around the church, waiting for next mass to start. The crowd was gathering, but nothing happened for a long time. Then, as I made a lap, a shiny black Audi pulled up. Out popped a man in very fancy garments. Some kind of Catholic official, but of course the rank was lost on me. (Later I tried to describe his hat, and someone identified him to me as a bishop. But the hats that show up on GIS aren't the kind he was wearing.) I didn't get a photo of him, because there were so many people. But people raised their palms high and applauded. I even saw women crying. No joke.






He's somewhere in that sea of red.






After the (late) grand entrance, the second mass could start.
Due to the volume of people, I was outside for both, which was fine by me.




Even the people outside went through the kneeling, crossing themselves, saying whatever it is they repeat out loud, etc.


Then I left. I was there for 2 hours. It was a long time.

That day was also Li Yan's birthday. Przemek helped me pick out a cake for her.


Itttt was beautiful.


The birthday girl :)


Monika took my camera. Clearly, I need a visit from the Posture Pals.


Another by Monika.


We met in Nats' apartment. It is nice and bright with a good view.

That is all I'll post for now. Coming soon will be pictures from Kraków. Don't expect any good ones, because my replacement camera is messed up. This time it wasn't my fault. Also, I know some of you are waiting on e-mails from me. Sorry. Time is absolutely flying, and when I think I'll just take a day or two to get back to you, it inevitably turns into a week plus. I'm sorry but I'm still thinking about you.

Anyway, Happy Easter, my lovelies. God is amazing. His plan is beautiful and mysterious. His gift is simple and perfect. Thank You Father for sending Your Son, for defeating death and giving us hope.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Yes.


CLB

0 comments: